I notice the first things that come to mind when it comes to happiness is freedom. It’s the theme of my happiness.
- The freedom to be me. One of the most retraining things I go through daily is ‘editing’ myself to be around certain people. There is a level of how much of myself I show people and there are people who I have high walls around. It doesn’t help that I have to be around people like this often. I always feel like I’m acting around them and it would bring me joy to just be myself again. Say what I want to. Hold opinions and share them without consequence. It would bring me so much joy.
- The freedom to do what I want, not just what I need to. I know this freedom takes a lot to achieve. It’s financial in nature and I’m slowly working my way through this. I don’t have a lot of attachment toward money, but I know that being financially independent is important to achieve my goals (which will ultimately make me happier).
- The freedom from judgment. This is tied to the first freedom but it’s more specific and a little more… dreamy. There was a point in my life where I was surrounded by people who I can just be myself around without fear of being judged (harshly or negatively) and it would be nice to feel that again. To be around people who try to understand me.
- The freedom to go where I please. Because I’d love to explore more of the world.
- The freedom from time. The impossible dream… it would make me happy to think that I have all the time in the world…
Honestly, most of these are achievable. Some are impossible, but it’s okay. I’m always searching… reaching and I know that highs come with lows.